The initial idea for iTunes was to allow users to play MP3s and CDs on the computer. It has grown a lot since the days of its inception and now it's now a lot more than that. It's a complex, but powerful tool that has quite a lot to offer.
The content on all iOS powered devices is fully managed via iTunes. iTunes is free to download and is a software application available on Apple's website intended for use with Apple's devices.
It's an entire media management system that's built to organize and catalog your music, podcasts, video, and audiobooks. The iTunes software will also handle your iOS applications and iBooks.
Apple no longer offers iTunes on a compact disc with iPads, iPods, or iPhone. Instead, you'll need to download it from their website. With a Mac, however, you won't need to download it.
By default, iTunes is bundled with nearly all Mac computers. iTunes is default when it comes to the Mac OS X operating system. If you ever delete it, you'll be forced to download it and completely reinstall it. Follow these steps to do that:
- Head to the official Apple® iTunes® download site. The site will automatically detect your iDevice and provide you with the latest version.
- You'll need to key in your email address before clicking the 'Download Now' button
- The iTunes installer will download and pop up automatically afterward.
- Navigate through the initial installation screens carefully, agree or disagree to the conditions, and press the 'Install' button.
- A screen will appear asking you to enter your computer's username and password (not for your iTunes account). Enter them as it requires and click 'OK'.
- Your computer will install the program. You can then launch it from your device.
- IIA). Creating your iTunes Account
- II(B). Create an Account Using iTunes
- II(C). Create an Account from your iPod Touch or iPhone
- From your browser, head to the iTunes® download page and download iTunes. Ensure it's the correct version for your PC before starting to download it, although the site should automatically detect your Windows version.
- Key in your email address and hit the 'Download Now' button.
- You can choose to either save or run the installation software from the window that pops up. Executing the installer will begin the installation process or you can save it if you intend to install it at some other time.
- Click through the introductory screens, agree to the given terms and conditions, and click the 'Continue' button.
- When you click the 'Finish' button, you will have to restart your computer to finish the installation. It gives you the option to do it immediately or do it later.
An iTunes account (commonly referred to as an Apple ID) is absolutely essential and quite useful if you own an iPhone, iPad, or iPod. Having an iTune account will enable you to buy apps, music, and movies at the iTunes store online. It also enables you to use iMessage, iTunes Match, iCloud, Find my iPhone, etc.
Boasting a seemingly endless supply of benefits, an iTunes account is imperative to enjoying your Apple powered device to the fullest. It's quite simple to create your own iTunes account (and free). Use the steps below to create your own account:
- In iTunes
- From an iOS device
- On the Web
Back in the day, using iTunes was the only way someone could create an iTunes account. But, some people don't use a PC with their iOS devices. In case you do, here's what you're required to do:
- Launch iTunes on your PC.
- Click the 'Account' menu.
- Click 'Sign In'.
- A window pops up, asking whether you wish to sign into an existing account or create a new one. Click the 'Create Apple ID' button.
- Click and navigate through the pre-installation prompts and choose to agree to the given iTunes Store's terms and conditions.
- Next, you'll be required to provide the email address you wish to associate with your iTunes account and create a password. iTunes provides guidelines on how you can create a strong password (one that combines numbers, lowercase and uppercase letters.
- You'll then need to add your desired security questions and enter your birthday. You can include a rescue email, which will be handy if you lose access to the primary address.
- Click 'Continue' and choose which payment option fits you best. This will be how you'll be billed every time you make a purchase through the iStore. Apple caters to a variety of payment vendors including Visa, American Express, Discover, PayPal, and MasterCard.
- Click the link 'Create Apple ID' to finalize your settings and finish setting up your account.
There are more screens involved here than those in the first option. But, it's still a pretty straightforward and simple process:
- Tap 'Settings' and click the 'iCloud' button
- Scroll the bottom to find the 'Create new Apple ID' button. Click on it.
- Go through the screens which follow, entering your details as required. These include your name, birthday, and email address. Tap 'Next'.
- Select your desired security questions and tap 'Next'.
- The email you have registered with will be used to verify your account thus finalizing the account creation process.
This is by far the easiest method of creating an iTunes account. There are very few steps involved at all. Here's everything you're required to do:
- Using your browser, head to the Apple ID support page.
- You'll be directed to a form that you ought to fill out. Pick which email address of yours you with to use to login to your iTunes account, pick a password, add your birthday, and choose your best security questions. Upon filling out all the required fields, you can click 'Continue'.
- Use the email address you've just registered with to verify your account by entering the confirmation code sent to it. It's that simple.
If you wish to use media (like movies, TV shows, and audiobooks) obtained from the iTunes store, you'll need to authorize your PC to play them. Each iTunes account is allowed to authorize a maximum of 5 computers.
The first computer that gets authorization is the one that you purchase the media on. You can authorize other computers by following these steps:
Tip: Alternatively, you can authorize another PC ahead of time by heading to your 'Store' menu from iTunes, and tapping 'Authorize This Computer'. You can deauthorize computers from this same menu.
- Add the files you intend to access to the new PC. There are several options you can use here, including Home Sharing, iPod copy programs, or using an external hard drive.
- Click to drag the file into the other iTunes library and double-click it. The file wont play, but an iTunes screen will open, asking you to grant the computer authorization.
- Here, you'll be required to sign in to your iTunes account (not the account used on that new computer you're trying to play the file on).
- If you've entered the correct account information, the computer will be authorized, and the file(s) will play.
While this list isn't the complete capabilities of iTunes, we have listed the most popular and helpful features of iTunes below:
I. iTunes Match and iCloud
Apple launched iCloud back in 2011. It's a service which covers various other applications. Such include iTunes-in-the-Cloud and the widely popular iTunes Match. The latter is a service which requires a subscription and basically stores your personal iTunes library (pictures, music, videos, etc...) on iCloud. iTunes allows you to sync with a web-based version of your iTunes library.
II. Import Digital Files into iTunes
If you already have a collection of digital files, you can import them into iTunes. You'll then be able to access and play them all from one place - iTunes.
III. Keep Media Folder Organized
This feature will keep all of your media files well organized. For example, music files will display only relevant information such as the track name, the artist or band name, and the album name instead of information which isn't necessarily needed like bitrate. TV shows will follow a similar convention, as well, displaying information like SHOW, SEASON, and EPISODE Name.
IV. Import CDs into your iTunes
iTunes will detect any CD that you insert in your device. It'll look up its information and ask if you'd like to import the CD. iTunes supports multiple formats, including AAC, WAV, Apple Lossless, AIFF, and MP3.
V. iTunes Store
It's Apple's one-stop online shop for almost everything digital. The iTunes Store is incredibly simple to use and navigate. Here, you can purchase music, video, apps, movies, TV shows, books, games, and more. After you purchase them, the download process instantly begins and they are added to your iTunes library.
Additionally, you can download podcasts and rent movies. There's free content, as well. You can pre-order items and gift things like apps, music, and movies (not rentals).
Nowadays, you'll come across dozens of sites claiming to give free iTunes gift cards and codes. Undoubtedly, most of these are fake. Chances are that you'll waste valuable time for no sensible reason other than to fill some scam artist's pocket with money..
Most people spend hours upon hours of time scouring the Internet for free iTunes codes only to end up empty-handed, Fortunately, for you, you've come to the right site.
It's a question anyone would want to ask, right? We definitely know about the plethora of people out there who waste significant amounts of time endlessly searching for free iTunes codes. Many people unfortunately fall prey to scam artists and give up after becoming frustrated.
We understand there are thousands of people who find it extremely difficult to pay money for entertainment forms like music, movies, TV shows, and apps. And, that's why we developed this site. It's a free service aimed at helping struggling individuals.
Our code generator spreads our database of the available iTunes codes. You can then redeem the codes which you obtain in the iTunes Store using your iTunes account.
- It's entirely SAFE TO USE. We don't ask you to install anything since everything here is Web-based. As such, there is absolutely no need to worry about downloading viruses or malware onto your device.
- The codes are LEGIT. The code generator we have created works because unlike scam artists, we don't just generate random numbers leaving you empty handed, we buy the codes from legal third party retailers. We then post the codes on our website for you to enjoy when GPT profits from our extensive network of websites permit us to do so.
- It's incredibly SIMPLE TO USE. It's quite easy to make use of this service, taking no more than five minutes, thanks to the intuitive user interface.
- Our generator boasts a HIGH SUCCESS RATE. Since each code is actually purchased, this service takes pride in its high success rate, which is nothing less than promising.
- We are TRUSTWORTHY. We have been providing our site's visitors with free iTunes codes for quite some time now. Our visitors are more times than not happy when they leave our website unless of course all the codes are already used, which does happen with our site from time to time. We can only provide valid and fresh codes when profits from our extensive network of GPT websites permit us to do so.
You can make use of this site from virtually any device, including smartphones, tablets, desktops, and Macs. Our generator is updated with new codes as often as finances permit us to do so. With valid iTunes codes, you no longer need to spend significant amounts of cash to get those movies, TV shows, music and video content, as well as games. You get all of that at absolutely no cost! Use our iTunes Gift Card codes to gift your son/daughter(s), friend(s), or spouse. Don't forget to share our site with your close relatives and/or friends!